The original lock washers were developed as reliable and economical screw locking devices that fulfill the basic principle of the disc spring for a force-fitting connection and also supplement it with positive locking. Original lock washers are used wherever loosening of a screw connection due to vibration must be avoided.
LOCK WASHERS / SAFTEY WASHERS
Lock washers “S”
Our original lock washer type “S” is suitable as a screw lock for normal screw connections. They are available in dimensions M 1.6 to M 36.
Of course, special dimensions and special materials are also possible if required. The Schnorr lock washers are available as catalog items, usually immediately available, in stainless steel, galvanized, blackened and with a zinc lamellar coating.
Advantages of the original lock washers S and VS
- High vibration resistance thanks to positive locking of the helical teeth on both sides
- No bending moments due to the concentric application of force
- No chip formation due to sliding surfaces on the teeth
- Extremely high safety potential against loss of preload force and loosening of the screw connection.
- No bursting effect when putting on. The prerequisite is a correct transition radius between the shaft and head